WELCOME

Hello! I am Pastor Pat Harris of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Claremont NH. I welcome you to join with me in musings about the church year season, daily texts or meditations. I will share my thoughts and invite you to share yours with me as well. I look forward to sharing internet time with you, and if you are ever in the Claremont NH area, please feel free to drop in and visit in person. Our regular worship service times are Sundays at 9:30 AM

You can also visit us on the web at http://www.poplutheranchurchnh.org
Or find us on Facebook at
Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church

Friday, March 30, 2012

Lent Day 33 March 30

Lenten Reflection for Day 33

Date: Friday March 30, 2012

Author: Lorraine Blanchfield

Bible Passage: Proverbs 2:1–5 (NRSV)

1 My child, if you accept my words and treasure up my commandments within you, 2 making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; 3 if you indeed cry out for insight, and raise your voice for understanding; 4 if you seek it like silver, and search for it as for hidden treasures— 5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

Reflection:

Accepting God's words is more than simply acknowledging them. It is more than reading and agreeing with them, but actually living them out in our lives and making them a part of our daily actions. When we treasure something, we guard it, and do everything not to lose it. Do you embrace God's words and lean on them for understanding on what is

happening in your life? This does not always come naturally but I believe that if we just show up, and turn our will and lives over to God, he will do for us what we cannot do for ourselves.

God always hears us but there are times when we cry out to be heard. Like a child, I have cried out to God, "Why?" so many times. Why about my circumstances, why about the deaths in my family, especially the passing of my mother, who I grew so close to in her last few years. I just wasn't ready to let her go, and I still feel the void in my heart. Hunting for the hidden treasures, the insights or the answers, seems to be something that I do over and over again. It is a daily process of searching, reading and praying. If I am willing to do my part, then by the power of the Holy Spirit, I have received acceptance and a deep gentle peace of understanding, which has allowed me to grow as a person.

Prayer:

God, I give you thanks for the difficult times because it is during these events that I cry out to you and I find your love and forgiveness. May the Holy Spirit touch all of our lives with a peace that can still our cries, knowing that we can have peace and acceptance in all of our circumstances. Show us your hidden treasures daily to carry us through this life and onto our new life with you in Christ Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment