WELCOME

Hello! I am Pastor Pat Harris of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Claremont NH. I welcome you to join with me in musings about the church year season, daily texts or meditations. I will share my thoughts and invite you to share yours with me as well. I look forward to sharing internet time with you, and if you are ever in the Claremont NH area, please feel free to drop in and visit in person. Our regular worship service times are Sundays at 9:30 AM

You can also visit us on the web at http://www.poplutheranchurchnh.org
Or find us on Facebook at
Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lent Day 19: March 30

I thank Ed Olney for his reflection this morning on costly grace.

Lenten Reflection for Day 19

Date: Wednesday March 30, 2011

Author: Ed Olney

Bible Passage:

1 Corinthians 6:20 (NRSV)

20 For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body.

Reflection: Verse 19 sets up this passage (20) very nicely: "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own?" It is clear that we should take care of the temple within us because it is God's. This is why it is so important to nourish our spiritual body weekly through church attendance and even daily through devotions. "It was bought with a price" - God's own Son who saves us from our sins through His grace. "By grace are you saved by faith, not of yourself...."

Our salvation was bought with a price, Jesus Christ. However, this costly grace is free for us.

Prayer: Thank you, O God, for the costly grace you have offered me freely and which has made me a disciple of Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment