WELCOME

Hello! I am Pastor Pat Harris of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Claremont NH. I welcome you to join with me in musings about the church year season, daily texts or meditations. I will share my thoughts and invite you to share yours with me as well. I look forward to sharing internet time with you, and if you are ever in the Claremont NH area, please feel free to drop in and visit in person. Our regular worship service times are Sundays at 9:30 AM

You can also visit us on the web at http://www.poplutheranchurchnh.org
Or find us on Facebook at
Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Baptized--We are Forgiven

Week 5 Lenten Devotions

Lent Day 28: Saturday March 20

Theme for the Week: Holy Baptism--Baptized We Live

Passage for the Day: Acts 2:38

38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Reflection:

Be baptized in the name of Christ and your sins will be forgiven. What a gift! In addition to all the other benefits of baptism—becoming a child of God and becoming a disciple, as well as a part of the Christian community, my sins will be forgiven also. And it that is not enough, I will also receive the gift of the Holy Spirit-the advocate and counselor. What a gift and blessing baptism is. Thanks be to God!

Prayer Themes:

Thank God for the forgiveness of sins that is given to me in baptism. Thank God for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Pray that others will hear the call to be baptized in the name of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment