WELCOME

Hello! I am Pastor Pat Harris of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Claremont NH. I welcome you to join with me in musings about the church year season, daily texts or meditations. I will share my thoughts and invite you to share yours with me as well. I look forward to sharing internet time with you, and if you are ever in the Claremont NH area, please feel free to drop in and visit in person. Our regular worship service times are Sundays at 9:30 AM

You can also visit us on the web at http://www.poplutheranchurchnh.org
Or find us on Facebook at
Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 8 Lenten Devotion--March 1, 2012

Lenten Reflection for Day 8

Date: March 1, 2012

Author: Ed Olney

Bible Passage: Matthew 9:27–30a (NRSV)

27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, crying loudly, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!” 28 When he entered the house, the blind men came to him; and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.” 29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you.” 30 And their eyes were opened.

Reflection: Do we believe that a strong faith leads to salvation? Yes, we do, but we are usually thinking of life after death. In today’s passage, when Jesus implies that the faith of the blind men has saved them, it is the Greek word for “made you well” that is used. Do we think of faith in “here and now” terms? Maybe not, but we can and should, because this is how many of us have first experienced it.

A strong faith in daily living is our foundation and “bears us up,” as in Psalm 68:19-20, “Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.” In our daily living, we know that if we ask God, believing, we will receive. In this way, we can experience salvation on Earth, here and now. Think of the ways you have already done this through your prayers for self and others. Can you now see the ways in which God is making sufficient the path you are taking?

Prayer: God, our great physician, help me take care of the body, mind, and spirit that you have given me and trust you with the results of my efforts. May I walk today the sufficient path you prepare before me. May others that are suffering or are lost on life’s journey receive the same path. In the name of Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment