WELCOME

Hello! I am Pastor Pat Harris of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Claremont NH. I welcome you to join with me in musings about the church year season, daily texts or meditations. I will share my thoughts and invite you to share yours with me as well. I look forward to sharing internet time with you, and if you are ever in the Claremont NH area, please feel free to drop in and visit in person. Our regular worship service times are Sundays at 9:30 AM

You can also visit us on the web at http://www.poplutheranchurchnh.org
Or find us on Facebook at
Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church

Monday, March 21, 2011

Lent Day 11: March 21

This morning we welcome guest blogger Carol Miller, who reflects on what it means to hunger and thirst for righteousness.

Lenten Reflection for Day 11

Date: Monday March 21, 2011

Author: Carol Miller

Bible Passage:

Matthew 5:6 (NRSV)

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Reflection:

My mother-in-law often says that we eat a lot at our church. This is a physical hunger and thirst that we satisfy with food and drink.

But what does this parable mean? If we hunger and thirst for righteousness we will be filled. I see this as being filled to overflowing with God’s love and forgiveness. This filling up of our own selves will then overflow to others by being humble, forgiving, loving and caring and doing acts of kindness to others.

As children of God our hunger and thirst is also to strive for a right relationship with God. He is the food and drink that we need to nourish our spiritual lives. All we have to do is just ask and we will be filled with this abundant nourishment.

As in the words of a favorite hymn:
My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness.
No merit of my own I claim, but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
When he shall come with trumpet sound, oh may I then in Him be found
Clothed in his righteousness alone, redeemed to stand before the throne.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, Open our hearts and minds to receive your abundant nourishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment