WELCOME

Hello! I am Pastor Pat Harris of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Claremont NH. I welcome you to join with me in musings about the church year season, daily texts or meditations. I will share my thoughts and invite you to share yours with me as well. I look forward to sharing internet time with you, and if you are ever in the Claremont NH area, please feel free to drop in and visit in person. Our regular worship service times are Sundays at 9:30 AM

You can also visit us on the web at http://www.poplutheranchurchnh.org
Or find us on Facebook at
Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Lord our God is One!

Week 3 Lenten Devotions

In this coming week--the third week of Lent, we will be reflecting on The Apostles’ Creed as a statement of faith. There are three parts to this creed. In stating this creed, we confess or affirm our believe in the God who creates us, saves us from sin and makes us holy. The Ten Commandments have shown us our sin, driving us to need the Good News that God in Jesus Christ saves us. The Apostles’ Creed shows us this Good News.

Lent Day 13: March 3

Theme for the Week: The Apostles’ Creed as a Statement of our Faith

Passage for the Day: Deuteronomy 6:4

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.

Reflection: In this ancient creedal statement from the Hebrew Scriptures, we re-state the words first given to God’s people as they finished their forty year wilderness sojourn. In these few words, we remember that God is OUR God and that there is only one God. The same God who claimed the Israelites as God’s people and rescued them from slavery in Egypt is the God who claims each of us in baptism and saves us from slavery to our sins. This ONE God is the God who creates us, saves us and makes us holy.

Prayer Themes: Pray that I may confess my faith with confidence in God’s power to create me, save me and make me holy. Thank God for God’s faithfulness to God’s people. Pray that others may be brought to the faith confessed in the Apostles’ Creed.


No comments:

Post a Comment