WELCOME

Hello! I am Pastor Pat Harris of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Claremont NH. I welcome you to join with me in musings about the church year season, daily texts or meditations. I will share my thoughts and invite you to share yours with me as well. I look forward to sharing internet time with you, and if you are ever in the Claremont NH area, please feel free to drop in and visit in person. Our regular worship service times are Sundays at 9:30 AM

You can also visit us on the web at http://www.poplutheranchurchnh.org
Or find us on Facebook at
Prince of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church

Friday, January 29, 2010

Epiphany Light and Warmth

On this bitterly cold, windy January morning in New Hampshire, my prayers go out for all those who have no housing or housing that provides insufficient shelter from the winter weather. I pray also for those whose limited income makes it difficult to pay for heat and utilities. In this Epiphany season, may the light of Christ and the support of community brighten and warm their lives. May God create a society in which no one has to live without heat or housing.

In this winter season, I also remember all those who are caught in the darkness of depression and seasonal affective disorder. May the love and prayers of the community surround them in care, and may the light of Christ break through the darkness of their depression. In the words on a hymn written by Rusty Edwards (published by Hope Publishing Company): "Praise the One who breaks the darkness, with a liberating light."

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment